Winery Running Festival
The Vintage Winery Marathon16 July 2017
Price:$120.00 (plus processing fee)
A certified Marathon course around The Vintage Golf Resort and wineries of the Hunter Valley. This event is a 21.1km loop which is completed twice. On returning for the 2nd lap, you will be greeted by a large crowd waiting to start the other events.
Who's it for?
Participants who have trained for the distance. You can walk the event, but must be completed by 12pm.
Race Kits Collection
Collection of race kits (number bibs, shirts etc.) will be possible on Saturday of race weekend from 10am - 4 pm and from 5.30am on Sunday morning from the event compound
You need pick up your kit at least 40min before your race start time. Please account for traffic and crowd issues when arriving.
You will need to provide photo identification to collect your kits or if you are collecting on behalf of another competitor a letter authorising you to collect on behalf of that athlete.
Will be situated not more than 3km apart on the various courses. Note:
- Water and electrolyte is available on all drink stations.
- Drink station are available at
- 2.5 km, 4km, 6km, 7.5km, 10km, 13km, 16km, 19km and the recovery area.
- Also the 21km mark for the marathon second lap.
- Jelly beans will be available on selected stations
- The same stations repeat for the marathon.
- Special needs area will be set up ready for the second lap of the marathon near the start line. Drinks/food etc should be clearly marked with your bib number and dropped off at the drink station at the start line (for the second lap of the marathon).
Medical personnel will be available at the race compound and on the course.
A prize certificate will be presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes in all age categories. Random draws will also take place during all presentations.
Will be held as soon as possible after the completion of the Marathon. This is expected to be around 1.00pm.
Wheel Chair Participants and Prams
Due to the various uneven surfaces a specific wheel chair race or category is unfortunately not possible. Competitors wishing to use prams should be aware the course is held on roadways that have a small amount of slow moving traffic passing. The ground is also not even in numerous spots. Prams must start at the back of any starts lines. Please contact us if you have any concerns.
We will have photographers taking photos of you on the course. Go to www.marathon-photos.com the day following the race and just enter your bib number or name and your pics will be there. It's magic!
Make a day of it
Sites for marquee for businesses or clubs will be available. Contact our office if you have any queries.
Will be available on the website . Go to www.wineryrun.com